cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call manager maximum rings?

gene
Level 1
Level 1

Running callmanager 7.1.5 with unity connection. Callers hit a call handler and dial an extension. The extension rings  30 times then the call drops. Don't ask why the call rings 30 times!! Is there a place in callmanager where the maximum number or rings are defined? I looked in service parameters and did not see anything.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

What exactly do you want the behavior to be?  30 would mean the phone was ringing for at least 2 minutes, maybe as much as 2 1/2.  How long should it ring?

For what it's worth, it's the T301 timer that's causing the call to terminate after 30 rings, but it's actually based on a number of milliseconds.  Default value is 180 seconds. 

Cliff

please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

What exactly do you want the behavior to be?  30 would mean the phone was ringing for at least 2 minutes, maybe as much as 2 1/2.  How long should it ring?

For what it's worth, it's the T301 timer that's causing the call to terminate after 30 rings, but it's actually based on a number of milliseconds.  Default value is 180 seconds. 

Cliff

please rate helpful posts

Thanks I know it sounds wierd but I want it to ring until the person calling gives up but it set it to the max 900 seconds. That should do it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: