cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
pabbott001
Beginner

Call Manager Route list / Route Group question

Will resetting a Route List and/or Route Group in the Route List Detail Configuration page in CallManager 7.0 cause an outage or disruption of service? The technician who setup our CM entered numbers (405628) into the Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) field. I need to remove these digits and enter them into the Calling Party Transformation Mask field. I believe this is causing caller ID to be sent with 405628XXXX.

6 REPLIES 6

If you make any chenges in Route pattern it will reset the associated Route List or Gateway and it may cause to disconnect the calls between the CUCM  and GW.

Regarding the prefix yes your calling number will be 405628XXXX. if you are using four-digit extensions

Can you tell me if calls in progress will be dropped immediately or will the call manager wait until the calls are terminated? Will it be a restart or a hard reset? Or will it be a complete reboot of the CM?

Thanks,

Phil

Hii Phil,

Restting the route list or the route group would drop calls through that gateway immediately, as resetting the RL/RG means resetting the connection between the call manager and that end point(gateway) from the call manager database point of view.

What you can do is do a show voice call summary on the gateway to insure there are no calls or minimum calls through that gateway befroe resetting the RL/RG.

The connection between the call manager and the gateway comes up in milliseconds so it won't cause outage but would definately drop the calls.

HTH

Kunal

Please rate useful posts...

Isnt this going to matter if the gateway is setup as MGCP or H323? If MGCP then yes the calls will disconnect upon resetting because the D Channel is backhauled to CUCM, if H323 then any calls currently in progress will still work just fine and you can reset the RL/RG at your leisure.

tracy is absolutely right, i was assuming it is a MGCP gateway

Regards

Kunal

Rishabh.Sankhala
Beginner

1. If it would be SIP call , will it be drop and why ?

2. Resetting the group/list will disconnect the only calls which are in signalling communication or calls sending the RTP will also drop ?

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad