cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager SQL Query question

bgibson
Level 1
Level 1

Last weekend our publisher crashed. Unfortunately we didn't have any usuable backups to restore to.

So we are scrambling to build a new server from scratch.

We still have our subscribers which are running but obviously this is a short term situation.

We are running 4.1(2).

Can anyone tell me how to do a SQL query that will provide me with a list of primary extensions, the MAC associated with it and the description of that phone?

Browsing through the SQL tables I couldn't find an relatively easy way to do this.

1 Reply 1

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is not recommended to directly query the SQL database. As I'm sure you realize, it is easy to create unrecoverable problems by accident; therefore, the intended methods to access the database is through some front-end, such as CallManager Administration, or the Real Time Monitor Tool.

I would recommend that the best and safest way to get the information you're looking for is to access it by using the CallManager Administration pages on one of your subscriber servers that is still running. Since the CallManager Administration system on the subscriber should normally be pulling its data real-time from a publisher which is not there, it may not perform quickly, but it should still work.

If, after trying that, you are still unable to retrieve the data you need in order to populate old data into a new publisher server, you may be able to get additional assistance from the Cisco TAC. http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/