cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager subscriber is down what will be happen active call on the subscriber

KY_
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Expert,

if call manager  subscriber is down what will be happen active call on the subscriber drop or not ?

Can you please explain this for me.

The another question

if call manager is down what will be conference calls?

Thanks and Regards

Kemal,

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you're not using the MTP for the call, no, they won't drop, RTP is directly between endpoints.

Your conference question depends on your MRGL config and how many CFB you have. I recommend you read the media resources chapter from CUCM system guide.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I think if subscriber goes down active call will drop on the subscirber coz SIP/h323 controlling by registered subsciber.

ıf publisher goes down there are no problem but subsciber goes down active call will drop.

If i have mistake please correct me.

I am sorry your thinking is a little wrong. I have explained how sip/h323 is different from mgcp. Please read my post again. 

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

Im not mention mgcp ,I ask only in t his senerio: if phone A cals to phone b or phone Acalls to outbound pstn number while call is talking state sbscirber goes down what will happen ?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In addition calls to/from PSTN would depend on 2 factors: what voip protocol is used to control the GW and what type of PSTN circuit you are using, with SIP/H323 generally call would stay up, with MGCP PRI for example it would not.

Hi Chris,

the active call in SIP/H323  PSTN gateways will be dropped in case of failover. In MGCP PSTN gateway  the call will be  connected in failover situation

Regards

Anas

Anas

I am sorry you are wrong here. With sip and h323, cucm is involved only at the signaling phase once signaling is completed, media flows between the endpoints. However for MGCP, the gateway is always controlled by cucm hence when the subscriber the gateway is registered to goes down, the D channel drops thereby dropping the call.

Here is the question again..

"if call manager  subscriber is down what will be happen active call on the subscriber drop or not"

Question to you is..is Subscriber Involved in an active call? Is media terminated on cucm?

For MGCP I tested several Time and it is working. 

when you have PRI registered as MGCP and you have failover scenario it works perfectly the call is not dropped.

In H323/SIP it will drop the call in case of switchover

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cminterop/configuration/15-mt/dia-15-mt-book/vc-ucm-mgcp-gw.html#GUID-4EBCAC81-B895-4BF3-8A1D-A453FD820641

Regards

Anas

Anas,

This thread is not about switchover to srst. This thread is about media preservation when your active subscriber fails. For mgcp media can be preserved only if you have a backup cucm. For sip/h323 media is not anchored on cucm so it has no impact. 

For srst you can use the call preserve feature to keep our active connection during switch over. This is well documented.