Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Upgradation Fails for Version 7.0

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have Call Manager 7.1.2. Due to some issues Cisco TAC has suggested to upgrade the Version to 7.1.3 SU2

I have downloaded UCSInstall_UCOS_7.1.3.32900-4.sgn.iso_part1of2 & UCSInstall_UCOS_7.1.3.32900-4.sgn.iso_part2 of2 from Cisco.

After adding i got the ISO file as: UCSInstall_UCOS_7.1.3.32900-1.sgn

I have transferred the image to Call Manager Publisher through SFTP.

The Problem is: When i try to do the installation of the same it gives the error " Installation Failed: Unknown Error"...

Any help would be highly appreciated.....

2 Replies 2

Do you have an NTP server specified?

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As a first and cursory check, you should use a checksum validation tool (like checksum.exe) to validate the checksum (MD
5 hash) of the file.  If it doesn't match, you likely need to re-download the files and make sure all is squared away.

When you try to transfer the file over the CUCM via SFTP, does it show the available files and you then specify the new file and it errors while loading the file?  If so, at one point does that process fail.  Does the file ever successfully download via SFTP?

If you're past that point and actually into the install phase, at one point does the install file?  You could also pull the install logs using RTMT and that would be good to take a look at.

Let's get some more info and go from there.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: