Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call parking in Jabber using Extend and Connect, no park number available

We've got several users set up with Extend and Connect as an alternative to using the Jabber mobile app because it frankly sucks. Maybe it's something we're doing wrong but the app is unusable in every situation except dire emergency. Extend and Connect works well and gives our users the same call control through the Jabber desktop client that they'd have at their desk except for call parking, which pops the message "No park number available" when you try to do it.

When trying the same thing using the Jabber desktop client's softphone or the Jabber mobile app you can successfully park a call no problem. The only time it seems that it does not work is when trying to park a call that has been made or received using Extend and Connect (read: when a user's cell phone is involved, even though the call is still being controlled through the Jabber desktop client).

My hunch is that it has something to do with the remote destination since it works without it, but that doesn't fully make sense to me. The only other thing I can think of is call permission/calling search space related, but I can't find anything wrong with the phone's configuration.

Any advice would be appreciated

2 Replies 2

Hi,

Can you explain how are you initiating the call park? Also, do you have
park DNs on each node in the cluster.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

We are initiating the park through the Jabber desktop client after an inbound call was answered by the user on their mobile phone. When we attempt the same process but with an inbound call answered by the Jabber desktop client or mobile app parking is available. Our issue seems tied to the Extend and Connect feature and/or the CTI Remote Device for that user. I should note that parking with the mobile app does not produce the "no park number available" error but it does appear to just terminate the call instead when you park it.

We do have park DNs for each CUCM, we only have the one cluster but we've got unique dedicated DNs for parking on both the PUB and the SUB. Previously we did not have the DNs in any particular partition, so we specified one as part of our troubleshooting but it didn't seem to make any difference.