Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Pickup issue

singh-ashok
Level 1
Level 1

In CUCM 6x, one Call Pickup

Group is not working. They are pressing "Cfwdall", then "Pickup" option comes, the message says there are no numbers to pickup when some other phone is ringing. The call Pickup number is being dialled, but the calls cannot be picked up.

Any ideas ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vasank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi ashok,

make sure the number which is ringing is under the same pick up group . you can actually add the softkey template of Pickup which shows up on the screen you dont need to press CFwdall to get that feature.

just for FYI here is a link attached explaining Call pick up group config

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fscpickg.html

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

vasank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi ashok,

make sure the number which is ringing is under the same pick up group . you can actually add the softkey template of Pickup which shows up on the screen you dont need to press CFwdall to get that feature.

just for FYI here is a link attached explaining Call pick up group config

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fscpickg.html

HTH

I see the pickup numbers configured as speed dial ( BLF) numbers on the phones. Is it affecting Call Pickup group ?

If you have speed dial BLF configured the phone(say phone b) which has BLF

SD assigned to monitor the other phone(phone a) can pickup the call coming

on "phone a" while ringing by just pressing the DN. If you still have

problem you can test with two phones, put them in a call pickup group and

don't configure speed dial BLF for it try testing, it'll be fun...

have one query here - assuming phones in the same pickup group are not in the same phyisical location - suppose ext 100, 101, 102 are in the same group. I am at ext 102, a call comes in for 100. I can't hear ext 100 ringing, but will my phone 102 notify me in some way ? Either by way of the phone ringing or some visual display on the phone LCD screen ?

Hi Vasan,

Apologize for the fact that I forgot to rate your suggestion before. Your suggestion worked like a charm !

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate that.

Regards,

Ashok..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: