cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Pickup's in a shared office environment

andy_4578
Level 1
Level 1

We have been presented with a request from one of our customers which im not sure there is a solution to...

The customer is a large managed office that rent out rooms to smaller businesses.

They have requested that if calls going to the DDI of a smaller business dont get answered, the call either bounce of get picked up by the "Main Building" receptionist, thats the easy part.

The more difficult part is they want the "Main Building" receptionist to be able to answer the calls as if she was working for one of the smaller businesses, so the question is how could it be configured so she knows which business the call was meant for when she answers?

Hope that makes some sense.

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

if they are not too many
you can get an expiation model with a cisco 7960 which you can have over 30 buttons

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps379/c1614/ccmigration_09186a0080123b71.pdf

then setup BLF monitoring of those users in the receptionist so when the line ring in your small Buss line the line button will be flashing on the receptionist as well before she pickup the call she can know where the call was destined first

HTH

if helpful Rate

Thanks i have suggested that as a solution to the customer.

Its there a larger option? as the building may grow to have 50-100 other businesses under the one roof.

Hi

You could invest in a better console app such as Arc - that would allow you to configure it such that calls either are delivered into seperate queues, or could have a 'salutation' popup reminding them who to answer that call 'as'.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

phamvinhdat
Level 3
Level 3

Here is what I have beed done in similar scenario. I created a CTI Route Point extension for each business unit, and has that extension forward to the main receptionist of that business, if not anwser than it will forward to main desk. The description or call id info is displayed on phone screen when ring in so user can use that info and answer call with proper business name.

HTH.

Dat