cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call recording and transfer using mediasens

paul_1004
Level 1
Level 1

We have selective call recording setup for all of our extensions.  The recording is through media sense and it works well for a single call.  

When we transfer to another extension the recording does not continue.  Is there an option to allow the recording to continue.  I can't seem to find it anywhere.  

Example

Outside caller calls in on extension 1000  

Record is selected and starts recording

Call is transferred to extension 2000

Looking at media sense the call to 1000 is only recorded.

Thanks,

Paul

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

This is possible in MediaSense 10.5 and higher as per the following link

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/FAQs_for_Cisco_MediaSense#MediaSense_Search_and_Play_Call_Association_Feature

MediaSense Search and Play Call Association

Feature MediaSense generates multiple sessions for a call being recorded in case of hold/resume or transfer, which makes it difficult for users to identify all the recording sessions in a call. To enable users to associate these recording sessions in a single call, MediaSense introduces a new feature termed as Call Association. Through this feature, all the strongly associated calls having a common xRefci value are grouped together. MediaSense 10.5 supports the call association feature for Built-in-Bridge recordings.

How to use it

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/mediasense/105/User_Guide/CUMS_BK_M5B01864_00_ms-user-guide-105/CUMS_BK_M5B01864_00_ms-user-guide-105_chapter_01.html#CUMS_TK_SEC57688_00

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I saw this document, which was why I was surprised that it was not working.  Both phones have record on and I would expect the call recording to maintain.

Regards,

Paul

Leszek Wojnarski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Where do you fork media to MediaSense, do you do it using BIB or Gateways. If BIB then does 2000 extension have the recording profile enabled as well?

What is the codec used between 1000 and 2000, 1000 and external and 2000 and external, 2000 and recorder, 1000 and recorder.

Leszek

Hi Leszek,

Thanks for the response.  I am not sure where to tell where we fork media to media sense.  Is there an easy way to tell.  I am fairly new to this process.  Both extensions have record on.  And both can individually record. but the record won't hold when transferred.

I will check the codecs and let you know.  

Regards,

Paul

Hi Leszek,

BIB is enabled on both devices without it the recording fails.  

Regards,

Paul

w.alghanem
Level 1
Level 1

TeleFinity is offering a Free 6 months Certified Call Recording System for unlimited number of channels, have a look here:

http://tele-finity.com/Advertisement/Cisco-Call-Recording-6-Months-Free

paul_1004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Cisco have advised that this does not work as I had expected.  In that it will not keep the recording continuing after transfer.  An enhancement request has been raised CSCva67347

Thanks for all the replies.  

Paul