Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Recording Solutions

Hello everyone! 

Wanted to open up a forum to discuss your favorite and least-favorite call recording solutions that you use with your CUCM environments. 

I've installed Enghouse QMS in a few places with "okay" results. It seems to work better when it's used with call-forking rather than by using a SPAN. 

I was also a little disappointed when their support/sales staff told me that on-demand recording was not supported with SIP phones and that we had to purchase a separate license/application from the for a Windows desktop app. The only option was full-time recording or the users would have to login to the web GUI to initiate the recording - which would be ridiculous to ask someone to do. 

After delivering these news to my client, I was able to make Enghouse QMS record on-demand using the RECORD softkey in a connected state. For them not to know that this would work is bizarre to me. 

Anyhow, let's talk about your favorite solutions and their pros and cons. 

17 Replies 17

Sean Vaidya
Level 3
Level 3

Have you heard of Calabrio?

They seem to be the most popular solution, and I believe have been recently bought by Cisco. 

We have them and have not had many issues so I would highly recommend checking them out. 

These products seem to be aimed at recording call center environments. 

My clients are primarily K12 and just need simple on demand call recording, say if someone calls the main office and says something nasty. 

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

Does any part of your install involve Contact Center at all, if so I have found ZOOM to be a solid solution for recording CCE.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have used Verint in the past, not a great fan of it. 

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Leszek Wojnarski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd probably go with MediaSense + Calabrio, you can buy bundle directly from with Cisco and they can give you fairly good discount. And with plans to have Screen Recording with MediaSense 12 it would be complete solution in my opinion.

Or you can just do MediaSense only and buy interface from some other company, but that that depands on the features you need.

Leszek

Anybody have any experience with using Versdial as the third party recording vendor?

I know its been awhile on this post but was curious if anyone was aware of the replacement for Media Sense?

Well I guess most of these solutions are already mentioned in this thread.But listing them cumulatively, Cisco offers multiple choices for businesses for recording:

1) Calabrio Solutions Plus – Compliance Recording, Workforce Optimization, Workforce Management, Analytics
2) NICE Solutions Plus – Compliance Recording, Workforce Optimization, Workforce Management, Analytics
3) Verint Solutions Plus – Compliance Recording, Workforce Optimization, Workforce Management, Analytics, Financial Turret Recording
4) Cisco Unified Workforce Optimization for Contact Center Express – Compliance Recording, Workforce Optimization, Workforce Management
5) Cisco MediaSense – Compliance Recording. Planned End Of Life.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Rejohn Cuares
Level 4
Level 4

For on-demand recording, you can use the Cisco Unity Connection live recording which I believe would satisfy your requirement.

I have use CallReplay. It is simple to setup and integrate. The only problem I had was the support due to big gap in timezone.

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

I ended up going with Versdial and it was fairly straight forward to setup and works well.

Mihkel Laur
Level 1
Level 1

Opening an old thread with the same question. 

Any recommendation changes now in 2019?

Also, is there a way and what is the best way for recording in a secure voice solution (srtp, tls)?

Hi Mikhel,

There are many options for Call Recording. You can do via Cisco BiB or Cisco BiB with Secure RTP (sRTP) or SPAN/Port Mirroring OR CUBE Forking, etc.

We (CommSouth) are a solution provider for Call Recording with Cisco and many other Telephonies.

If you are interested, you can contact me at prasana@commsouth.com

Please rate if useful.

Regrds,

Prasana Kumar. P

CommSouth

Head - Business Solutions

+91-9841027006

Regards,
Prasana Kumar.P
CommSouth,
Head - Business Solution
+91-9841027006

We are interested in a solution where it is possible to record both internal and external calls(so recording only on gateway is not sufficient), preferably with SRTP

All phones are newer SIP phones, cucm is 12.5

Hi Mihkel,

Yes, this is possible and we can do the SRTP based Call Recording.

You can visit our website www.commsouth.com for more information and can contact me at prasana@commsouth.com

Regards

Prasana Kumar.P

CommSouth

Head - Business Solutions

+91-9841027006

Regards,
Prasana Kumar.P
CommSouth,
Head - Business Solution
+91-9841027006
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: