Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Restriction according to Calling Number on a SIP Trunk

mesut ozcan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

There is a SIP Trunk between CUCM and Alcatel A4400 IP PBX. CUCM is using for IP Phones and Alcatel fo Dect Phones.

All calls between DEct and IP Phones go throug that SIP Trunk and that SIP Trunk's CSS is highest privilege CSS. I need this because CEO's assistance needs to call CEO with dect phone. But because of these CSS, a user like cafe or kitchen can call CEO from his dect phone also. It is not acceptable.

Is it possible to restrict call or give different CSS's on SIP Trunk according to CALLING number?

Maybe CEO and his assistance has highest privilege CSS and can call everybody but kitchens dect will have a small CSS and only can call internal number.

Waiting and need your helps.

Thank you,

Mesut

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The calling privileges that you want to apply to your DECT phones will need to be configured on your Alcatel PABX.NOT on your SIP trunk, for the simple reason that you can only apply one CSS to your SIP trunk inbound and it cannot be tied to a calling phone partition. 

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Mesut,

There IS actually one way to do this, but I would recommend you spend a good amount of time reading the documentation. The feature is called Call Screening or "route next hop by calling number".

In my opinion, this is something you must be very comfortable with before implementing.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmfeat/fsgd-802-cm/fshotline.html#wp1422211

Thanks,

FG

Hi,

All i need is to make below scenario real. do you have any idea if it is possible or not?

CUCM      ---- (SIP Trunk) ----       Alcatel (IP PBX of Dect phones) (all calls from Dect phones coming on this SIP Trunk)

CEO        <----------     CEO's Assistance from Dect Phone (104001) (succesful)

CEO        <----------     Any Other Users from Dect Phone (unsuccesful - diverted to CEO's assistance)

CXOs                        <----------     CEO, CEO Assistance, CXOs and CXOs's Assistances from Dect Phone (succesful)

CXOs                        <----------     Any Other Users from Dect Phone (unsuccesful - diverted to CXO's assistance)

Directors                 <----------     CEO, CEO Assistance, CXOs, CXOs's Assistances, Directors and Director's Assistances from Dect Phone (succesful)

Directors                 <----------     Any Other Users from Dect Phone (unsuccesful - diverted to Director's Assistances)

International, GSM, Intercity, Intracity, Internal             <----------     CEO, CEO Assistance, CXOs, CXOs's Assistances, Directors, Director's Assistances and Standat Users from Dect Phone (succesful)

Best Regards,

Mesut

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: