Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call route order question

Hi guys

I have CTI 32395 with assigned app user . App user has associated devices with extension 4301(site A) and 3307(site B). Ext 4301 and 3307 are in the same route partition "Internal" 

CTI 32395 is in same device pool of site B and has same css .  Site B CSS and site A CSS has that  partition "Internal" in table, only difference is on site B css Internal partition is first in the line , while on site A css Internal CSS is second under BlokingPartition(which has SITE A's CSS  ).

For some reason calls coming to CTI are always hitting site B 3307 even its the last in the list of the devices under APP user. Is it becuse of CTI and site B are on the same css or device pool ?  OR that Blocking partition is blocking calls to CSS_A site , if yes , then how ? 

Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM uses best match routing.

The only scenario in which the order of the partitions in the CSS is significant, is when two or more equally good matches exist. Only then you would look at the order, and use the match that is listed first in the CSS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM uses best match routing.

The only scenario in which the order of the partitions in the CSS is significant, is when two or more equally good matches exist. Only then you would look at the order, and use the match that is listed first in the CSS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

so is there preference because of they are located in the same CSS and device pool ? Looks like  there is such behavior , I played with CSS block partition, it didnt do anything.  SO I assume CTI is transfering/dialing/forwarding call to site B because of they both are on the same Device Pool . 

Can you guys confirm this? If yes, then I will need to create additional CTI for site A and change plan a little bit... 

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The device pool is not a factor here. So stop worrying about that. Your post does not really explain what your issue is. What is the number that is dialed. Can you explain a little better what the issue is 

Please rate all useful posts

I have CTI 32395 with assigned app user . App user has associated devices with extension 4301(site A) and 3307(site B). Ext 4301 and 3307 are in the same route partition "Internal" 

CTI 32395 is in same device pool of site B and has same css .  Site B CSS and site A CSS has that  partition "Internal" in table, only difference is on site B css Internal partition is first in the line , while on site A css Internal CSS is second under BlokingPartition(which has SITE A's CSS  ).

For some reason calls coming to CTI are always hitting site B 3307 even its the last in the list of the devices under APP user. Is it becuse of CTI and site B are on the same css or device pool ?

If I am reading this correctly the CTI's CSS has siteB Partition first and siteA Partition second.
In that case the CSS will pick the first available partition in the list.
Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.