Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing based on department

Chetty
Level 1
Level 1

Morning all.

We have a GSM gateway which is becoming cheaper to make calls through right now, as as test we want to set up a department to push all calls out of this gateway as a test. I understand how to route calls out of the gateway via route patterns, however I'm unsure how I can route calls via a department.

I'm guessing its partitions and call search spaces but struggling to find out how to setup a test and looking for guidance

Thanks,

Martyn

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're right, it all comes down to CSS and partitions, no one but you knows your dial plan and how it's currently configured to work, therefore, only you would be in a position to understand what changes would be required, that would not affect the rest of your call routing.

In the end, it all comes down to CSS, partitions, GW/SIP trunk and digit manipulation for inbound/outbound calls, but as I mentioned, you need to truly understand call routing and your dial plan to know what needs to be changed to keep things working, and not introduce any issues.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

If there are specific route patterns that one department is supposed to call you would need to put it in a department specific partition.  Then you would need to make sure that the CSS you apply to the phones in that department have that same partition assigned to them.  For example:
Department_A_Route_Pattern
  Pattern: 1234

Partition: Department_A_PT

Department_A_CSS

Department_A_PT

Department_A_Phone

Device_CSS: Department_A_CSS

Hopefully this helps some.

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

1. Create separate Partitions & CSS, and route patterns that you want to send to your GSM gateway.

2.give access to a test device to use those patterns by adding the above CSS.

3. make test calls from that device.

Hope this helps,

Please rate & click "accept as solution" if this answered your Question. 

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're right, it all comes down to CSS and partitions, no one but you knows your dial plan and how it's currently configured to work, therefore, only you would be in a position to understand what changes would be required, that would not affect the rest of your call routing.

In the end, it all comes down to CSS, partitions, GW/SIP trunk and digit manipulation for inbound/outbound calls, but as I mentioned, you need to truly understand call routing and your dial plan to know what needs to be changed to keep things working, and not introduce any issues.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

If there are specific route patterns that one department is supposed to call you would need to put it in a department specific partition.  Then you would need to make sure that the CSS you apply to the phones in that department have that same partition assigned to them.  For example:
Department_A_Route_Pattern
  Pattern: 1234

Partition: Department_A_PT

Department_A_CSS

Department_A_PT

Department_A_Phone

Device_CSS: Department_A_CSS

Hopefully this helps some.

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

1. Create separate Partitions & CSS, and route patterns that you want to send to your GSM gateway.

2.give access to a test device to use those patterns by adding the above CSS.

3. make test calls from that device.

Hope this helps,

Please rate & click "accept as solution" if this answered your Question. 

Chetty
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the responses, just as I imagined then, let the work begin.

Thanks all.

Martyn

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

a MUCH simpler solution would be to use separate device pools and the "Local Route Group" feature.