Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing based source

Reynaldo Silva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

My question is about  Call Routing based source.

My scenario is following:

vg.jpg

I need to know, how can i get to routing call based in source. In this scenario, the extension with red color need to use ISP-1 and the extension with blue color, use the ISP-2.

The phones, are registred in PABX third (is not Cisco)

How can i configure the voice-gateway?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

barry
Level 7
Level 7

HI Reynaldo

One way I have done this kind of thing before is to get the PBX to insert an additional digit when (for example) the "blue" users make an external call.

If you get your PBX to insert say an "8" in front of the called number when calls are placed by blue users you can get the voice gateway to route the call out of a different interface by using a different dial peer.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

! dial peer for red users

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/0/0:15

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

! dial peer for blue users

destination-pattern 89T

port 0/0/1:15

!

HTH

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

barry
Level 7
Level 7

HI Reynaldo

One way I have done this kind of thing before is to get the PBX to insert an additional digit when (for example) the "blue" users make an external call.

If you get your PBX to insert say an "8" in front of the called number when calls are placed by blue users you can get the voice gateway to route the call out of a different interface by using a different dial peer.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

! dial peer for red users

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/0/0:15

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

! dial peer for blue users

destination-pattern 89T

port 0/0/1:15

!

HTH

Barry Hesk

Barry's answer is 100% correct (+5), you did not specify what system you are using and protocol as if you were using CUCM with MGCP you could have simply created separate route list/route group and CSS/PT for each phone.  Not that I would ever recommend MGCP, but for examples like these it is slightly easier, if you are using H323/SIP then Barry's answer is the best one.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris   I kind of assumed it wasn't MGCP as the OP mentioned that it was a non Cisco PBX...

Barry Hesk

Good point, should have read more carefully :-)

Chris

Following on from Barry's idea, you can also use answer-address to match the calling number.then on the matched dial-peer use translation rules to add a prefix to the called number and then route the call out the desired PRI. This saves you the headache of prefixing the called number on the PBX

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Reynaldo Silva
Level 1
Level 1

Hy Guys,

Tks for answers!

Only to know, the signalling the PBX to Voice Gateway, is ISDN, and the voice gateway to ISP is R2-digital.

I thought something about corlist, manipule of digits.

I think the idea, is not only work by dial-peers, because, if i have 2 dial-peers 0/0/1:15 port 0/0/0:15 I need to do something to the call to understand which path it should follow

In the PBX, he get separate the specifics  extensions, which path they need to go (specific interface, like the screen), and when the voice gateway receive the call, he need to know, what the path, he need to follow that call