Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing between CUCM 6 and MS Lync Question

adil.nasser3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a SIP trunk configured between CUCM and Lync and I need add configuration to make it possible for CUCM to route external calls for Lync.  The issue which I am encountering is when Lync sends its digits to CUCM it as a “+” in front of them but I believe CUCM is having trouble processing them because the digits begin with “+”.  What do I need to do to transform the digits sent from to Lync to strip out the “+” and make the digits conform so that CUCM can route the call properly.

Some example or a brief step by step for how to make this happen would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Adil

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Build a transaltion pattern such as \+.! that strips PreDot, assign it to a parition that is only reachable from the CSS applied to the SIP trunk, this way all incoming calls coming in on that SIP trunk that start with "+" sign will be stripped of that sign.

HTH,

Chris

After I read your post again I realized you are on CUCM version 6 only, if memory serves me well + dialing was introduced sometime in the 7.X train, so this may not be an option for you. Your other alternative may be to play with sigDigits option on the SIP trunk on CUCM, but if you need to allow local, LD, international dialing this may not work for you, so the only other option I can think of would be to work with normalization rules file on Lync or uprade CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

Chris is correct; CUCM 6.x did not support the plus character. You can either have Lync strip it (unlikely), run it through a SBC such as CUBE before it gets to CUCM, or upgrade CUCM to 7.1+. Note that 6.0 reached end of software support on May 1st, 2012. If you intend to keep that system in production it is really time to upgrade.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: