Level 1
Level 1

my sceanario is like this:

cluster 1

Boss 1 PA 1  

cluster 2

Boss 2 PA 2  

there are five other clusters as well

All clusters are connected by SIP trunks to SME cluster. Intercluster calling takes place through SME.Boss 1 wants to override PA of Boss 2 Boss 1 wants to call Boss 2 directly without PA.All others should come through PA.Boss 2 should not be able to call boss 1.For all others in same and rest of clusters.  boss 2 should be accessible by PA only.How to acheive this.Is there any feature to route calls further based on calling party?

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

a second line on each boss's phone, that can only be called between Bosses, the primary line for each Boss, share it with the PA, so the PAs can pick it up. very old school, but very effective

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Problem is that the partition of second line has to be allowed in the intercluster trunk CSS  .then if the second line s number pattern matches intercluster route pattern, users of all other clusters also would be able to call it,which is not desirable. Please suggest if an way is there to route the call forward only if it comes from the BOSS number i.e. calling party identification.

I don't see that as mutually exclusive.

for instance on your cluster a, stick the second line in a calling search space that is called CSS-manager.

say the second line on cluster B is 12345 the put a router pattern in place, in a partition that only exists in the CSS_manager. This means that other user cant dial it.

Of course yes the intercluster will need to be able to route that 12345 number as well, so It will need to have its own CSS that includes, among other partitions, the partition in which 12345 lives.

good luck

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.