Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing for Failed Remote Site FXO with TEHO

dwayne rattan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have implemented TEHO for my company that has offices in 4 countries but  carrier at two of these countries regularly have issues with their FXO lines, which results with callers getting a busy tone whenever they call a number in one of these countries.

I would like to prefix the international exit code to calls that are placed to the country that FXO line is currently down thereby allowing the caller to use the local gateway. But while the FXO is up I want to continue using TEHO.

I am thinking I can prefix the exit code on the route list and have it third in line LRG(Local Site, Standard Local Route Group and Prefix-Exit). The only thing is I am not certain if the line is down on the carrier end whether or not the route list with the prefix will be selected or will it still engage the voice-port because it is seen as active ?

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using SCCP or MCGP to haul these FXO lines into your cucm;s control?. this would be the simplest form as fail over, so as soon as the cucm sees the FXO ports go down it  would attempt the next option in your RG, RL.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

It is MGCP the only thing I have check is if the ports go unregistered when the carrier end is down. I believe it should.

And thanks for confirming that I am on the right track here I will test it and see what the results are.

Yes if the carrier goes down, and thus the FXO ports then they will become unregistered in cucm

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.