cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Routing if potentially matching patterns are the same

istibekesi
Beginner
Beginner

As far as I understood, CUCM uses closest-match logic for call routing.

When a number is dialed, Unified CM uses closest-match logic to select which pattern to match from among all the patterns in its numeric call routing table. In practice, when multiple potentially matching numeric patterns are present, the destination pattern is chosen based on the following criteria:

It matches the dialed string, and

Among all the potentially matching patterns, it matches the fewest strings other than the dialed string.

What if the fewest strings are also the same?

For example, two translation patterns in the same partition: 99[5-6] and 99[6-7]

Dialed number is 996, how the CUCM decides?

12 Replies 12

Rajan
Collaborator
Collaborator

99[6-7] is matched first with 99[5-6] as the alternate match.

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts

But I guess its randomly matching and there is no hard and fast rule for this scenario as both of them are potential matches. I tried configuring 99[7-8] & 99[6-7] and dialed 997 and this time its matching 99[6-7] as the first match.

Seriously? Random factor in the call routing?

For me it seems like a huge design flaw.

Can you confirm this is the official design?

This is how the matching happens in CUCM  at least when I checked in dialed number analyzer for those two scenarios.

As long as the patterns are more specific, this issue can be avoided.

HTH

Rajan

Jaime Valencia
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee Hall of Fame Cisco Employee
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

There are scenarios that are not tested because they're not recommended, you'll never find an overlapping scenario in the SRND as the recommendation or the best practice, because overlapping is NEVER considered a good design.

Why would someone configure that scenario in the first place??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate