Views
Helpful
Replies

Call routing- rerouting to an international Remote Destination

Raziel900
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I am having a hard time to make rerouting work properly to an international call.

The premise is that we need sometimes to forward calls to an international number we use for Standby. (Everything worked when calling a national mobile phone but internationally numbers don't work- getting unresponsive). The setup is as below:

1. ISDN call comes into gateway to the external number of the hunt pilot
  2. Gateway translates called number to internal hunt pilot number
  3. Call is transferred with SIP to CUCM trunk
  4. Remote Destination is set as an internal DN which is in the line group and call is rerouted to the external number

What kind of config would be needed to reroute such calls? is this the right way logically for such a setup? I can attach logs if needed.

Thanks and regards

Joshua

Thank you so much for your time.

6 Replies 6

bsrohan
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Joshua,

Please check if the below post can help you,
https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/is-there-any-option-to-forward-incoming-call-from-hunt-pilot-to/td-p/3813209

-Rohan
*** Please rate helpful posts***

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SNR cannot be used with an internal DN, it HAS to be an outside destination.

Adjust your config so that SNR points directly to the outside number, and then look at the debugs from the GW/CUBE to see what happens to the call.

OR configure the external number as the CFB/CFNA for the hunt pilot.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

Thanks for clarifying on the SNR. I misread the internal DN part.

- Rohan

Hi Jamie

Sorry I think I was not clear enough, the SNR points fine to outside number. However I have translation issues.

The call is working like this:

• number +35620650223 is called
  • translated to 999 internally
  • 999 is hunt pilot which has the RD as member
  • RD number is +4367761195072

Calling Party Number i = 0x0181, '431901713125'
Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown
Called Party Number i = 0x81, '004367761195072'
Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

The Service provider says:

"The call flow is passing from the Initial Address Message (IAM) directly to the Release (REL) skipping all the other  necessary steps."

I have attached the config for the translation rules and the log of a test call.

I just wanted to add that I am quite an amateur when it comes to such configs so it might be a silly mistake.

Thank you for your time 

Can anyone help please

Any help would be appreciated

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: