Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Setup from CUCM 7.01 to Gatekeeper

metalium2007
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I'm having a issue when trying to make calls through a gatekeeper from CUCM.

The scenario is the following:

CUCM->ICTrunk->Gatekeper->another CUCMEs and CUCMs

When I try to make a call through the gatekeeper for an unknown number (i dont want to configure arq reject-unknown-prefix), the call setup lasts about 70  seconds and then return fast busy. I want to have fast busy immediately.(if i configure arq reject-unknown-prefix it works, but i need to solve the problem without this command on GK).

10/25/2010 18:15:39.460 CCM|DRQ Billing Information - DISCONNECT_REASON=2,TIME=1288026869,DURATION=70,DISCONNECT_STRING=switch congestion,ORIGIN=1,LINE_NUMBER=gtk01_ICTH225,OUTBOUND_GW_IP=<cucm_ip>

10/25/2010 18:15:39.534 CCM|ConnectionManager - wait_AuDisconnectRequest ERROR:NO ENTRY FOUND IN TABLE,CI(44412509,44412510),dcType=1,IFCreated(0,0),PID(0-0,0-0),IFHandling(0,0),MCNode(0,0)

Is there any parameter or workaround for this problem?

thank you

met.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Met,

Well its not up to the CCM to stop it unless u can ensure very explicit/tight
route patterns so that call doesn't even hit the GK.

GK behavior is going to be as mentioned in the previous post. It will try
to find a GW in the source zone and likely route it to the EP/GW that is
being used for default tech prefix.

HTH,

DK

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dksingh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Met,

In short, it sounds like its working as intended/designed.

I am assuming that  dialed digits presented in ARQ to the GK in this case does not match

with any configured zone prefix?
If that's the case then configuring arq reject-unknown-prefix CLI will cause GK to immediately

reject such calls. In the absence of this command, for  the calls where dialed digits does not

match any known zone prefix, the gatekeeper will attempt to hairpin  the call out through a

local gateway

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/as5300/software/notes/0042gk.html#wp7440

Can u pull GK debugs (deb h225 asn1, deb gatek main 10) with and without this CLI and check

if it returns ARJ (with CLI) and ACF (without) ?

HTH,

DK

Hello Dilip,

Yes, you are completely right and that works that way, I tested.

The million dollar question is...If I don't use arq reject-unknown-prefix, can CUCM deal with it to stop the H.225 setup immediately instead of staying about 1 minute with silence?

Thanks!

Hi Met,

Well its not up to the CCM to stop it unless u can ensure very explicit/tight
route patterns so that call doesn't even hit the GK.

GK behavior is going to be as mentioned in the previous post. It will try
to find a GW in the source zone and likely route it to the EP/GW that is
being used for default tech prefix.

HTH,

DK

Thank you my friend, guess it's really better to use arq reject-unknown-prefix on GK.

+5!

rgds!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: