cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call takes too long to disconnect from PSTN H323

ty.masse
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guru's please help me out on this.  I have an H323 gateway with 4 FXO which is routing calls to a CCM hunt group.  Everything is working fine.  However if I place a call inbound from PSTN, after I hang up from the IP Phone it takes about 15 sec for the call to be disconnected on my cell phone.  If I originate the call from the VOIP side to my phone it seems to work correctly.  The call gets disconnected from my cell phone withing 1 sec of hanging up the IP Phone.

I've put no battery reversal on the voice port that didn't work.  I then removed that and added the supervisory disconnect command on the voice port and still didn't work.  I don't know what else to try.

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Some telco still treat disconnections different depedning on who originated the call. That is, in some case the called party cannot disconnect the call at all.

You can test that easily connectingf a normal phone to the analog line. If you find the same behavoir you have described above, you can only complain to telco about.

So I call the Telco and tell them what?  Add supervisory disconnect?

Also is there nothing I can do on the voice port to alleviate the issue?

No it is not supervisory disconnect issue (that is the opposite issue),and there is nothing you can do about.

Test as indicated above and report to telco as necessary.

OK.

Thanks.

Hi,

Have you enabled

PLAR OPX

please share the config.
Regards.

I have PLAR but not PLAR OPX.  Should it be PLAR OPX?

It will not make any difference.

yes, pls try with OPX. there is a difference..

pls share the runing config

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: