cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call terminates after 13min exactly when traversing an h323 ICT.

david.crane
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ICT built between my CUCM and a customer of mine and after 13 minutes exactly the call will terminate.  On my end (called party) the phone will show that the call dropped completely and the phone is ready to make a new call on the customer end (calling party) the call looks to still be up and he has to manually end the call even though the call ended.  We that that maybe it was the ASA h323 inspection that was causing this issue and after making several adjustments to the ASA we bypassed the firewall completely by cabling around it and the issue still remains.  However, he built a VPN tunnel between his ASA and a sister unit traversing my network and the problem went away.  This looks to me as a timer issue, but I can't figure out what timer would cause this for noting matches 13 minutes in the callmanager timers on either end.

The call manger version I am on is 4.3 (I know very old!!!) and the customer is using 7.1.

Does anyone have any ideas or ran into this issue before?

1 Reply 1

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As a test, can you please go to CallManager administration > System > Service parameters> select a server > select CallManager Service. Look for "Allow TCP KeepAlives For H323" and change it to False, reset the ICT and try again.

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)