Helpful
Replies

Call to a DID received, but not able to communicate upon connection

carlos15
Level 1
Level 1

Call to a DID received, but not able to communicate upon connection

CUCM 11.6

Tried on several different 7962 desk phones with the same DID, so not a hardware issue.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"Not able to communicate" doesn't provide any details of what is going, do you mean one way audio? no audio? choppy voice? robotic voice? Phone rings but upon answering the call drops?

Provide a clear description of what you're seeing.

You do not mention the exact call flow for this, or what troubleshooting you've already done either.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm not familiar with the type or extent of trouble shooting for this type of issue. I have used different hardware to exclude malfunction, but I am still experiencing the issue of being able to answer the call, but no communication happens either way - no audio.

No audio most of the times is related to routing issues, you'd need to confirm there is routing between the endpoints involved in the call, you can review the CUCM traces and GW debugs to confirm the signaling is correct and which are the IPs being used for RTP.

If you're not familiar with any of the above, you probably want to open a TAC case to have this looked at.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate