cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call to fax machine being dropped

yixiu0317
Level 1
Level 1

We are using CUCM7.1(3), and try to integrate a fax server in the CUCM, call flow like this Fax server->CUCM trunk->h323 gateway->fax machine

When we do the debug isdn q931, we can see the call was setup, but after a while(around 10 seconds), the call was dropped. it seems that the far end(fax machine) send the disconnect request, please see the message

ISDN Se 0/0/1:15 Q931: RX<-DISCONNECT pd=8 callref = 0x9393

Cause i = 0x8090 - Normal call clearing

Progress Ind i = 0x8288 - In-band info or appropriate now available

ISDN Se 0/0/1:15 Q931: call_disc: PI received in disconnect; Postpone Sending RELEASE for callid 0xE0ED

If I make a call to the fax number using IP phone, there is no problem at all, the call will be released until I hang up the phone

Thank you in advance

4 Replies 4

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you are a Cisco Partner, you can email your queries to Cisco_Fax_Server@external.cisco.com .

Pls rate helpful posts.

GP.

unfortunately we are not Cisco partner, any other suggestion regarding this issue

Can you provide your GW config and version?

Did you configure it as T.38 fax protocol?

Chris

yixiu0317
Level 1
Level 1

Guys

Thank you for your suggestions, after I untick the option "Media Termination Point Required" in the h323 trunk between fax server and CUCM, it started to work

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: