Helpful
Replies

Call transfer issue with COR list restriction

mecharek1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ; 
I deployed a CUCME for one of our clients with CoR list restriction so that 
nobody can call the BOSS but apart from his assistant.

But sometimes she wants to transfer some call to the BOOS ; oops it does not 
work, a message that says "can not transfer call" and the call remains off 
the hook between the assistant and the caller. 
I could not troubleshoot this issue. 
Ex: 
Number 402 can not call 400 (SG/BOSS) --> OK 
Number 401 (assistant) can call 400 (SG/BOSS) -->  OK 

But  401 can not transfer call to the BOSS when 402 call it. 
you find the CME config attached 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Raghav;

I tried with Call Park and now it works; just that the BOSS must call DN 500 (where the assistant parked an incoming call) and for that I configured a speed dial to facilitate the task at BOSS.

it's just a workaround but I do not know if Cisco have solutions dedicated to this kind of case.

thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes, so that's the way that you have it setup. If during a transfer CME allows the call from 402 to your boss, it defeats the purpose of having COR. Extending the scenario, suppose you don't want A to dial international calls but B can. A can B and have themselves transferred to an International destination thereby defeating the purpose of having COR.
If you remove the COR, then the transfers work ?

Hi raghav,

Ok i totally agree with you this is a very logical reasoning and that's how I explained to the customer but the question that arises how can I achieve this, unless the assistant calls the boss and call 402 then she transfers the call?

Yes when i remove Cor transfer work correctly.

Thanks for you help.

Well with the current configuration you cannot. You cannot have the CME dynamically allocate COR and tell it when to use and when not to. One workaround is that you can have a floating DN set to CFA to your boss extension. No COR on this DN. The only person that would know about this DN would be the users that need to transfer to the boss DN. You will have to create a ephone-dn for this purpose. voice register DN will not work.
Test it out and see if it works. I am assuming that it should work this way.

Good idea, me i've thought otherwise I wanted to create a new dn for the boss and assistant to intercom and it can him transfer call on new dn without Horn that person knows.

I will test both of them and inform you if it works.

Thanks for you help.

Hi,

not yet because I can not really understand the floating DN.

Regards.

By floating DN i meant an extension that is not assigned to a phone. I advised ephone-dn because of the fact that a virtual dial-peer is created automatically and it's not a mandate to apply it to a phone.
With voice register dn, the dn needs to be assigned to a pool and the phone related to that pool needs to be registered for the virtual dial-peer to be created/available to take calls.

Hi Raghav;

I set up an ephone-dn as floating DN and i set call forward all to boss extention as explain in your previous post , but it doesn't work.

hereinafter my config:

ephone-dn 1
  number 500
  snr mode virtual

call-forward all 400

voice register dn 1
number 400
name BOSS
label BOSS

I wonder if Call Park does not solve this problem?

thanks;

You don't need to make the DN a virtual SNR DN. Remove that and just test with CFA configured. The call should be meant for 400 but be made to 500 instead.

I deleted a virtual SNR DN , i just left this command line "call-forward all 400"
but also I can not transfer call to the BOSS (I tried to transfer to 500 and 400 but it does not work).

regards;

Hi Raghav;

I tried with Call Park and now it works; just that the BOSS must call DN 500 (where the assistant parked an incoming call) and for that I configured a speed dial to facilitate the task at BOSS.

it's just a workaround but I do not know if Cisco have solutions dedicated to this kind of case.

thanks for your help.

The reason why you have to add workaround is because of COR usage and the way you are restricted different phones. If you won't have COR the way you have it setup, transfers will work the way they should.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: