Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer Mask

chuck47172
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM/Unity 12.5

I have a Unity call handler that is configure to play a greeting and then transfer the caller to extension 1234.

When the transfer takes place, I can see on my display that I'm ringing to extension 1234.

How can I mask that so I will not see the 1234 number or have it change to a different number like 5678?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't want the calling party to see the number the are being transferred to. Otherwise they may note the number and start calling it directly and bypassing Unity. Anyway, I figured it out.
Connected Party Transformations is the trick. I have unity transferring to a translation pattern that transforms to the number I ultimately want to reach. Restricting "connected party transformations" on the translation pattern will display the word "private" rather than 1234.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

when some one call 1234 it should show that its  ringing 1234. what's the use case ? 

Response Signature

I don't want the calling party to see the number the are being transferred to. Otherwise they may note the number and start calling it directly and bypassing Unity. Anyway, I figured it out.
Connected Party Transformations is the trick. I have unity transferring to a translation pattern that transforms to the number I ultimately want to reach. Restricting "connected party transformations" on the translation pattern will display the word "private" rather than 1234.