Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer Mask

chuck47172
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM/Unity 12.5

I have a Unity call handler that is configure to play a greeting and then transfer the caller to extension 1234.

When the transfer takes place, I can see on my display that I'm ringing to extension 1234.

How can I mask that so I will not see the 1234 number or have it change to a different number like 5678?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't want the calling party to see the number the are being transferred to. Otherwise they may note the number and start calling it directly and bypassing Unity. Anyway, I figured it out.
Connected Party Transformations is the trick. I have unity transferring to a translation pattern that transforms to the number I ultimately want to reach. Restricting "connected party transformations" on the translation pattern will display the word "private" rather than 1234.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

when some one call 1234 it should show that its  ringing 1234. what's the use case ? 

Response Signature

I don't want the calling party to see the number the are being transferred to. Otherwise they may note the number and start calling it directly and bypassing Unity. Anyway, I figured it out.
Connected Party Transformations is the trick. I have unity transferring to a translation pattern that transforms to the number I ultimately want to reach. Restricting "connected party transformations" on the translation pattern will display the word "private" rather than 1234.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: