Views
Helpful
Replies

Call transfer on Unity system

Fabien GILLET
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I need your help on a question about the call transfer on Unity system.

I have 2 phones on my CUCM system. One phone have a voice mail, we call this "Ph1" and the second phone don't have a voicemail, we call this "Ph2".

We have a IPMA system configure on these phone. Ph1 is an assitant phone and Ph2 is a manager phone.

My goal is when i call Ph2 we transfer the call (on no answer or forward all whatever) to the Ph1 and the call is transfer (on no answer or forward all whatever) to the voicemail for this Ph1.

On the Unity system i don't find the configuration to have this transfer. The voicemail is working when i call Ph1 from Ph2. From outside when i call Ph2 we are transfer on Ph1 but after we reach the Unity system as unknown user and i can't leave a message on the Ph1 voicemail's.

With the same phone on the Unity Express 4 i have this result !!! I can reach and leave a message on the Ph1 voicemail from outside.

My questions are :

On the Unity system what is the configuration of the forward rule to have this result ?

Why on the Unity System, i think without specific configuration, we have this result ?

Really thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, Fabien.

3 Replies 3

mdawar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fabien

In Unity, you can define to use  either the first redirecting number or last redirecting number, depending on the setting in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot.

If it is last redirecting then it will go in the PH1's voice mail.

Mahesh Dawar

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Hello Mahesh,

Thanks for your help.

Could you say me where is the menu "Advanced Settings Tool" ?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards, Fabien.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Fabien,

Just to follow up on the great info from Mahesh (+5 Mahesh!)

The change for "Last redirecting Number" is only available in Unity 5.x and above.

This option  can be changed through the Advanced Settings Tool (AST), which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507371

In your example you could also configure the DN for the Manager PH2 as an "Alternate Extension" (in Unity) under the DN

for the Admin PH1 to accomplish what you are trying to do

Setting Up Alternate Devices

In addition to your primary extension, your Cisco Unity administrator may set up alternate extensions for you, and may also allow you to do so in the Cisco Unity Assistant. Administrators set up alternate extensions for various reasons, such as handling multiple line appearances on subscriber phones or simplifying message addressing for subscribers on different Cisco Unity servers.

You may want to use alternate extensions to make calling Cisco Unity from an alternate device, such as a cell phone, a home phone, or a phone at another work site more convenient. When you specify the phone number for an alternative device in the Cisco Unity Assistant, Cisco Unity handles all calls from that number in the same way that it handles calls from your primary extension (assuming that the alternate phone number is passed along to Cisco Unity from the phone system). This means that Cisco Unity associates the alternate phone number with your account, and when such phones are set to forward to Cisco Unity, callers can listen to your greeting, and leave messages for you, just as they would when dialing your primary extension.

Depending on how Cisco Unity is set up, you may be able to use the Personal Preferences page in the Cisco Unity Assistant to:

View the alternate extensions that your Cisco Unity administrator specified for you.

Specify phone numbers for up to five alternate devices, in addition to those that your Cisco Unity administrator specified for you.

Do the following procedure to set up alternate devices in the Cisco Unity Assistant.

To Set Up Alternate Devices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In the Cisco Unity Assistant, on the Preferences menu, click Personal.

Step 2 In the Alternate Devices table, enter an extension up to 30 characters in length in the Number field.

When entering numbers in the Alternate Devices table, consider the following:

Each alternate extension that you add must be unique; Cisco Unity will not accept an extension that is already assigned to another subscriber (either as a primary or alternate extension) or to another Cisco Unity entity (such as a public distribution list).

Enter digits 0 through 9. Do not use spaces, dashes, or parentheses.

Step 4 To specify another device, click the Add Row button and repeat Step 2 and Step 3.

Step 5 Click Save. The alternate devices you specified are enabled for all rows in the table.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: