Views
Helpful
Replies

Called Name Display Issue in CME

jrblanquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody.

I have a telephony deployment through cisco CME ISR 4321. Phones load local directory succesfully, but when user select a user from directory to call or try to call via extension, name of owner extension is not showing in screen of phone that dial, just show extension number. I would like that name of extension will be showing to help users.

Other hand, users that recieve calls can see name and extension right now.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Are you using SIP or SCCP Phones? Did you check this CME directory troubleshooting guide?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/212091-Configure-and-Troubleshoot-Directory-Ser.html 

Can you please post your CME configuration?

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi friend.

Thanks for answer. Yes, I have checked this guide, and I have followed all steps. In my phones is loaded directory succesfully but when I dial extension just appear extension. I use both SCCP and SIP phones. 

I attach config.

Hi,
As per your configuration, your SIP Phones are configured with directory number 190, 191, 194, 195, 197, 198, 199, 201, 200 and 210; while SCCP Phones are configured with directory number 192, 204, and 210. There is no directory entry for these extensions under telephony-service. Once you add the directory entries, it will resolve your issue.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi friend.

I add this entries unsuccessfully. I test in softphone vía SCCP (210) and all extensions vía SCCP I can see called name ( since ever) but when I dial to SIP extensions I just see extensión number. From SIP phones I have never been able to see called name beteween same SIP phones and SCCP phones 

Hi Vaijanath.

Any comments friend?

Regards.

Hi,

In your earlier post you said your entries were not added successfully. The call name will not display until you add the entries. 

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi friend, thanks  for answer.

Yes, I added, but I did not succeed. 

In fact, I see the extensions in the directory twice for these phones. The problem as I told you was that they did appear in the directory, but in the dial only the name appears. I have other branches that see the number as unknown and when it calls, only the number appears. For incoming calls from all extension (internal and branches) I can see the full name is seen.

I need help.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: