Views
Helpful
Replies

Called number translation pattern

sirajuddeen t p
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

Is it possible to put wildcard mask for Called party Transformation mask in Translation pattern (to match incoming Called number)

Here I am using 3 digit extension (small site) for the user phones. Calls come by 4 digit extension through gatekeeper trunk.

example: i have a range of extension 3xx

if the incoming called number is 0xxx and I need to translate the incoming called number to 3xx and match the configure phone.

Please help.

Siraj

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Called Party Transform Mask

Enter a transformation mask value. Valid entries for the NANP include  the digits 0 through 9, and the wildcard characters asterisk (*) and  octothorpe (#); the international escape character +; and blank. If the  field is blank, no transformation takes place. The dialed digits get  sent exactly as dialed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b03txpat.html

EDIT: Actually now that i see it, the documentation lacks that it supports X as a valid character

You can have the pattern as 7XXX, transform mask as 8XXX and you'll just change the 7 for an 8. Or leave XXX and send the last 3 digits only.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I got it.

Thank you very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: