Views
Helpful
Replies

Called Party Number

Tim Glen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I've got CM 10.5 with a 3925 Voice gateway.   My connection to the telecom is on PRIs and the backhaul is MGCP between the 3925 and CM. 

On the 3925 I enabled debug voice ccapi inout, debug mgcp packets, debug isdn q931 and the screenshot below is from an inbound test phone call. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 9.24.36 PM copy.png

Calling Party is my cell phone.  Called telephone number is a DID. 

Called telephone number is NPA-NXX-3692. You can see in the screenshot my telecom is only sending me 4 digits not all 10.   My Cisco IP phone's DN is 3692.  IP Phone rings when NPA-NXX-3692 is dialed. 

Can telecom send me just digits and not DNIS?   

Can I write translation patterns to route these (digits or DNIS) to appropriate locations like Unity call handlers or UCCX triggers or DNs on an IP Phone? 

Thanks very much.

Tim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Debugs don't lie, you get 4 digits, if they say you get 10 digits show them your debugs and tell them that's what you're getting on your end.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Can telecom send me just digits and not DNIS?  

If you mean whether it's possible that your provider is sending only four digits rather than the full 10-digit national number, it would be highly unusual for a telcom provider to send only four digits. If your provider is sending only four digits, that would have to be in your contract/SLA with them. If you suspect they are only sending four digits give them a call. I am guessing they will say they are sending 10-digits.

I know you know your router, but is it possible that there is a voice translation profile on the inbound port and we are seeing the results of that in your debug?

Can I write translation patterns to route these (digits or DNIS) to appropriate locations like Unity call handlers or UCCX triggers or DNs on an IP Phone? 

Since you are using an MGCP gateway, the only place you can manipulate digits in a router is via a translation-profile on the inbound voice-port. Once the call is fully received by the router it does no additional call processing as its next action is to send the information to CUCM (pri backhaul). So if you want to path calls to Unity Connection, UCCX, etc. that would need to be accomplished through CUCM inbound call routing.

Maren

Hi,

I've attached a sanitized config for one of my two voice gateways.  I would appreciate if you took a look. There is a voice translation-pattern but I can say for sure if it is stripping digits.

I'm not as familiar with the voice portion of the routers config  (Im mainly route switch).  

Thank you both for your help!

Tim

Everything that is labeled as SRST, is for when you go into SRST mode, not when you are using MGCP to control the PRIs

voice translation-rule 101
rule 1 /^.*/ /MYNPANXX4000/
voice translation-profile SRST_Outgoing_ANI
translate calling 101

When you use MGCP, ALL the dial plan is managed by CUCM, if you're doing digit manipulation, or want to do digit manipulation, you'll have to do so in CUCM.

HTH

java

Jamie,  

I assumed that about all the SRST config in the gateway. 

In CUCM I would do digit manipulation I would do it with a translation pattern right?   Would I do it anywhere else?

Thank you

Depends on what you want to do, and your dial plan.

HTH

java

Jamie,

I want to know if my telecom provider is sending me 4 digits or 10.   

I have one telecom employee telling me they are sending me 4 and another says they are sending me 10.  When I look at the debug I only see 4. 

If I understand things correctly...  

You reviewed my config and I'm not stripping the first 6 digits at the voice gateway.   In fact, using MGCP I am unable to strip digits at the voice gateway.

Please take another look at the debug output in the OP and let me know if you believe that the telecom is sending 4 or 10 for the DID NPA-NXX-3692.

Thanks again for your assistance. 

This route switch security guy is learning voice. :) 

Tim

Debugs don't lie, you get 4 digits, if they say you get 10 digits show them your debugs and tell them that's what you're getting on your end.

HTH

java

I agree with Jaime here. If you do not have a voice translation-profile on the inbound port and since your debug is showing 4 digits inbound, your service provider is sending you only four digits. Debugs don't lie, indeed.

Maren

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is extremely common, you don't get all the digits from the telco, if your internal DNs are E.164 (or any other format that is not 4 digits) you simply do digit manipulation to adjust as necessary.

If you want to find out if they can send the full DN, ask your telco.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: