Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Called Party Transformation Pattern Usage

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to use the Called Party Transformation Pattern over a SIP Trunk to display something different than the destination number on the phone screen of the person who dialed.

Here's the goal: we do have a route pattern 5145556666 with a Called Party Transform Mask to 3000. This routes to a SIP Trunk pointing to a second CUCM Cluster, which contains DN 3000. Now, if we dial 5145556666 in the first Cluster, it does reach extension 3000 on the second Cluster, but it also shows on the display the extension 3000 with it's associated Alterting Name. Even if we reach extension 3000, we would like the display to show 5145556666. Would that be achieved with a Called Party Transformation Pattern ? If so, how ? I tried to configure one with Pattern 514555XXXX and partition Called_Trans_PT and a mask of 3000. I also created Called_Trans_CSS which contains the partition. I applied that CSS to the Called Party Transformation CSS of the SIP Trunk, but it does not work. I am not sure that we can use Called Party Transformation Pattern to achieve that.

I forgot to mention, the SIP Trunk is also used for many other call types. So, we need to modify the display behavior only for calls to 5145556666.

Any ideas ?

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Gabriel,

A global parameter that can be helpful is the service parameter called.

Always Display Original Dialed Number.

This is by default off. you can turn it on to achieve your desired result.

Please rate and mark correct if that helps

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan 

Please rate and mark correct if helpful
Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Hello Adarsh,

Yes I knew about this parameter. But as I said in my first post, we want this behavior only for a specific amount of users. Actually, we want the display to be changed for the users that call a specific DID. So I thought we could play around with Called Party Transformation Patterns CSS and Partitions, but it does not seem to work.

Anyone got a solution ?

Hello Gabriel,

You should be able to accomplish it by configuring the following:

1. Create a Calling Party Transformation Pattern with 3000 as the pattern and 5145556666 as the mask. Note "Calling", not "Called" .
  2. On a phone page configuration find Remote Number section and apply the CSS with the Calling PTP there and uncheck "Use Device Pool...". Alternatively apply it on the device pool level where it tells you.
  3. Set the advanced service parameter "Apply Transformation on Remote Number" to True.

This will also make it so that a call received from 3000 will display as 5145556666.

HTH,

-E

Hello Evgeny,

Thank you for the answer. I did try the Remote Number option as you suggested, and it works, but I'd still like to know if we can achieve this from the "called" point of view. Let me explain. This is to be configured for an internal helpdesk. The numbers provided are fictive, in fact, we do have multiple clusters linked thru a SME with over 60 000 devices. The goal is to make sure that people calling the helpdesk number (DID) does not see the DN of the helpdesk tech answering the call on queue. We also want to make sure that when helpdesk call back the internal extension of the requesting user, that user does not see the internal DN of the helpdesk tech, but the helpdesk DID instead.

So, the method you've explained works, but the Calling PTP has to be a range which contains all the helpdesk DN numbers. This is not a problem. The problem is that we have to apply the CSS for all the 60 000 devices. We would rather apply something on helpdesk devices to achieve this. The first idea was to do it with a Calling PTP on helpdesk side and apply the Calling PTP CSS to helpdesk devices. It works to put a mask when a call is received on the standard user's phone, but when that user calls back the helpdesk DID, it will show the DN of the agent taking the call.

Is there a way to do it by applying the Remote CSS on the helpdesk devices ?

Otherwise, I know that it can work by applying the CSS to all the other devices. Did not think about that one, thank you very much :)

"Caller ID for Calls from This Phone" on helpdesk phones should take care of caller-id from those phones (I'm sure you discovered that). I can't think of a good alternative to the Remote Number setting though if you don't want to apply that to all the phones.

The one thing that comes to mind is if the helpdesk folks are in another cluster, you could try playing with Connected Party Transformation CSS on the trunk (or its device pool), but I'm not sure how viable it would be. 

FWIW, here are my notes from testing that setting in the lab a while back:

Connected Party Transformation CSS
• Found on device pool or trunk page. Is applied only for calls inbound to cluster from PSTN.
◇ Example 1: PSTN dials a DID of +16785551234. Connected Party Transformation CSS (on trunk or DP) contains a Called Party Transformation Pattern of \+16785551234 → +16785551000. The PSTN user sees his dialed number change to +16785551000.
◇ Example 2: An enterprise user with DID +16785551234 sets their phone to Call Forward All to a non-DID extension of 5000. Connected Party Transformation CSS (on trunk or DP) contains a Called Party Transformation Pattern of 5000 → +16785551000 (enterprise main number). The PSTN user gets forwarded to 5000 but sees the main company number.

I guess you could try that setting on the trunk to the cluster with the helpdesk phones and see if it works. If it does, then you'd only need to apply Remote Number to phones that share the cluster with the helpdesk phones.

Also, check this for ideas if you haven't yet:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12726551/connected-number-display-phone