cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID display for Forwarded Calls ( External Numbers )

Dear Friends

Am running a CUCM version 6.1.2.1000-13 in here . Forwarding function is enabled for all phones ( 7911's & 41's, 45's and 75's) . I also configured Mobility for certain users . The problem which i face is , Whenever the deskphone forwards a call or reaches the user through Mobility function, actual Caller ID of the person is not displayed , Instead the PRI pilot number is displayed .

I did all configurations in the Line Parameters . On gateway , I made the calling number "allowed" as shown below. In route patterns i "allowed" the calling numbers to show. I did a debug on my gateway which is running with H.323 protocol . All screenshots are given below . But still the pilot number continues to display . Can anybody help me on this ? .. My ISP is sending me the Caller ID and 3 digit extension of the called number as shown below.

CUCM 6.1 -2.jpg

CUCM 6.1.jpg

Appreciate all your help in solving this issue

Thanks

Rajesh

2 Replies 2

Marcel Ammann
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

has the Telco-Provider "no screening CLIP" activated?

You can test it with if you assign a fake number (for example external phone number mask) to one phone in the cluster.

Kind regards,

Marcel Ammann

P.S.: Please rate helpful posts.

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Rajesh,

Have you posted the debug output for an incoming call? If i understood your problem correctly, we should be considering the debug output for an outbound call here. Check in the debug output what calling party number are we sending to the Telco?If we are sending the proper calling number to the Telco and even then you dont see the caller id on the cell phone, the its a Telco problem.

Just to make things clear,

1. What caller id do you see on the cell phone when an internal IP phone user calls the cell phone directly?

2. What caller id do you see on the cell phone when an internal IP phone user calls another IP phone(Call forward all setup) and is forwarded to the 2nd party's cell phone?

3. What caller id do you see on the cell phone when an external PSTN user calls an IP phone(Call forward all setup) and is forwarded to the cell phone?

If this problem is only for external callers(case 3), then the Telco might not be accepting any calling party number other than the DID's which have been bought from the Telco for that site. This is done by the Telco to avoid call spoofing. To get past this, the Telco may either drop the call completely or replace it with the head number of the PRI, as in your case.

Hope that helps

regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts