Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID display to Hunt Group RDP Profiles

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have a hunt group created for our security team where the members of the line group for this hunt group are all Remote Destination Profiles.  So the call hunts to the cell phone of each RDP.  This works great but because they get these calls after hours they would like to know that the calls are coming in are coming from the security phone number.  Right now they only see the the caller ID of the caller.   I want present either the phone number for the security team or the alerting name of the hunt pilot.

The caller could be calling from their call phone or internal cisco desk phone extension.

Is this possible?  I have played read up on the settings and tried to make this work but no luck.  Call Manager 11.5. 

7 Replies 7

How are you sending the call to the mobiles, what type of connection do you have with PSTN and what is your control protocol for the gateway(s) in CM?

Also a general note, isn’t it good for the recipients to get the true calling number, what if there would be a need to call back to whom ever called?

Response Signature

Calls come in from PSTN via SIP connection to call manager.  Called number translates to a Hunt Pilot number and rings the three desk phones simultaneously.  If no answer, the call routes to another HP contain the three remote destination profiles, rings each cell phone top down (I have the ring timer set so as to not allow call to reach cell phone vm) where if no answer, the call goes to voicemail. 

I am more interested in masking the caller name and not the number if that is possible.  

You did not provide any information on how you route the calls to the mobiles. That's the crucial thing as that would be the last step before it egress out of your control.

Response Signature

Sorry, I thought I did or maybe unsure what your asking for.  Call is routing to the mobiles via a hunt pilot with each callee's cell phone setup as a remote destination profile (RDP).  Call manager will ring the first RDP using our SIP carrier service, if no answer, the call then hunts to the next members RDP via SIP carrier.  

So you’re using SIP connection to PSTN and SIP for the control protocol from/to CM and the gateway? If so you would have plenty of options to modify calling information with SIP profile transformation in the gateway. Have a look at this excellent document for details on how this works. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/ip-telephony-voice-over-ip-voip/211306-In-Depth-Explanation-of-Cisco-IOS-and-IO.html

Response Signature

Sorry. No gateway.  Managed SIP service where handoff to us is an Adtran which is pointing to our call manager servers.  

So you don’t have a SBC between your CM and your SIP provider? Then you have very little options to modify this.

On a side note this is not a very good or secure setup as you don’t have a clear demarcation point between your internal network and your SIP provider. Recommend you to have a good look at your setup and redesign this.

Response Signature