cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID from local directory for PSTN callers?

gglynn
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to get CME to display a PSTN caller's name from a local directory entry? For instance, if Joe Blow calls from his cellphone, the caller name sent by the telco might just be "CELLULAR CALLER" or "NEW JERSEY" along with his cell phone number, but I want "Joe Blow" displayed on the phones when he calls. I can add a directory entry on the router for Joe's number (e.g. "directory entry 1 7325551234 name Joe Blow" under "telephony-service"), but I still see the name from the telco caller ID when Joe calls.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

bfollmer1
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds as though the network provider is limiting the ANI / CLID information. I would talk to them and find out what information their sending.

Now - - If Joe Blows name doesn't appear but Jane Doe's does, I would say that either Joe is restricting the information or Joe's cell provider is restricting the information.

As far as restricting or allowing caller data once it is in your switch is another animal. Selecting the help topic from your GUI should provide the needed information.

I think you've missed my point: I *want* to ignore the caller name the PSTN provider is sending and substitute my own using the router's local directory, based on the caller number the PSTN provider is sending. The PSTN provider is sending "CELLULAR CUSTOMER" as the caller name, I want to display "Joe Blow" on the phones. I can add an entry to the local directory with the "directory entry" command, but it's not affecting what displays on the phone.

You cannot do this, it has been a long requested feature although.

cedricm73
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have exactly the same request, but i get a site which using a H323 gateway and get it working before.

it's look like it can be done using a TCL script on the flash of the router. but i have no way to test it. so i share it with you, if someone have a lab and can confirm it's working, that would be great. source : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/tcl/developer/guide/tclivrv2_ch2.html

in conf just add :

call application voice modify_name flash:app.tcl

call application voice modify_name display_name1 "john Smith"

call application voice modify_name calling_number1 12345

call application voice modify_name clid_prefix2 90xxxxxxxx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: