Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

caller id incorrect while call forwarding

Hi Friends,

I have installed CallManager express recently. we have totally 13 analog lines. in that 2 trunk lines(6 analog lines each) and one seperate line. I have created seperate trunk groups for all the 3 lines. I have named one trunk line as ABC and second trunk line as XYZ and single analog line as PQR.

I am facing an issue with call-forwarding. Whenever I make a forward to my mobile from an IP phone under trunk group ABC, its displaying the caller-id of XYZ or PQR randomly and sometimes its showing ABC's number correctly. Similarly whenever I make a forward to my mobile from an ip phone under trunk group XYZ, the caller-id information that i receive in my mobile is ABC's number or PQR's number.. similarly for PQR also. But while i call directly from ABC to any number, its displayin correct caller-id.

I have attached the latest config for your reference.

Thanks.. please help.

8 Replies 8

Kasiraman S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Thirruselvaa,

I believe its working as design.

The reason for this behavior is that when you call the number from the IP Phone its able to take the proper dial-peer based the corlist selection. But when the call forward option is set now the call is actually not initiated from your home (consider it as a divert) so it will look for the any general dial-peer to send the call call out via trunk.

Now you have three dial-peer to match the mobile calls and no one have any dial-peer preference, so by default it works in the following behaviour.

1. Longest match in phone number—Destination pattern that matches the greatest number of dialed digits. For example, if one dial peer is configured with a dial string of 345.... and a second dial peer is configured with 3456789, the router would first select 3456789 because it has the longest explicit match of the two dial peers. [This will not work because all the three dial-peers are having same destination-patterm]

2. Explicit preference—Priority configured by using the preference dial peer command. - [This result in tie because you did not set any preference, default to 0]

3. Random selection—All destination patterns weighted equally. [Now the forwarded calls are taking random dial-peer and showing different caller-ID]

dial-peer voice 601 pots
trunkgroup pqr
corlist outgoing call-pqr
translation-profile incoming INC
destination-pattern 905[056].......
prefix 05
!
dial-peer voice 701 pots
trunkgroup xyz
corlist outgoing call-xyz
prefix 05
!
dial-peer voice 501 pots
trunkgroup abc
corlist outgoing call-mobile
prefix 05

We can confirm this by setting the preference for any two dial-peer as 1 [preference 1] and the forwarded call take the lowest one [default 0].

Do rate helpful post.

Thanks,

Kasi

Thank you Kasi for your brilliant reply. I understood. I applied preference 0 for 1 dial-peer and its working perfectly. But the thing is, if preference 0 is applied for ABC trunk group, the call forward from XYZ trunk lines is also displaying ABC's number as the preference is 0. Is there any way to sort out this??

Waiting for your reply.

Hi,

We can try make that but I believe it will need very complex configuration and it will be very complex for troubleshooting because of the behaviour of the Analog lines.

To better understand can you tell me the exact call flow, what is the orginal port actually received the call and what is the actual trunk it should take for outbound.

Hope this helps. Do rate helpful post.

Thanks,

Kasi

Dear Kasi,

could you explain me how can we do the same, so that i can go ahead and do it??

Hi,

I believe you are looking for the caller-ID from the same trunk-group as we received the calls.

i.e, If call come through ABC trunk then the forwarded call should show ABC trunk caller-id

if call come through XYZ trunk then the forwarded call should show XYZ trunk caller-id

Am I correct?

If I'm correct, I have a question, Did you ask the provider to show a single number as a caller-ID for all call go through all the ports in trunk-group ABC, like that for XYZ.

I believe I understood the need of this caller-id of the same trunk-group.

Do rate helpful post.

Thanks,

Kasi

What you said is correct.. for ex: if an IP phone from ABC group is forwarded to my mobile number and if i am calling that particular extension under ABC group, it has to display the caller-id of the same ABC group not the other XYZ or PQR group..

Even if i ask my ISP to give the same caller id for all the ports under ABC, the forwarded call would go randomly and it might choose PQR or XYZ caller-id rite..??

is there any config changes that i need to do, so that the call can go as I mentioned above in the first line..

Awaiting for your reply Kasi...

Hi,

I believe all the calls are going to Unity and then coming back to the CME to reach the Extension. can you please confirm this.

If that is correct, Call to port 0/1/0(XYZ) PLAR to 403--> goes to Unity and I believe it reaches some AA. Then the call come to the IP phone based on the menu selection. If above mentioned are correct I need the SIP debug to see what is the actual caller ID coming for the IP Phone.

You can try this.

enable "debug ccsip call" and test the calls and let me know the result.

Thanks,

Kasi

Yes,.. What you are saying is correct. I have kept 2 AA's.. one for ABC (401) and for XYZ (403). I forwarded the IP phone of ABC trunk group to 90501025758. I called the trunk number from 043935222. The trunk number is 4541280. The caller-id in my mobile was XYZ's caller id.. (ie) 4541271.

I have attached the debug as you have requested. Please look into this and reply me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: