cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

caller ID info on softphone when call forwarded to cell phone?

ChuckHaynes
Level 3
Level 3

Greetings,

I'm trying to figure out why the caller ID results are different on a certain phone...

Scenario 1 - A call is placed from a softphone to a desk phone. The caller ID shows the name and number of the person being dialed. The desk phone then forwards the call to a cell phone. The user answers and the softphone making the call continues to display the name and number of the person dialed.

Scenario 2 - Same as Scenario 1... however, when the person answers the cell phone, the caller ID name goes away and only the number is shown.

I've tried multiple phones and softphones. All the ones I tested kept the name and number except one. I'm trying to determine which setting (I assume) is preventing the problematic phone from keeping the user name when the cell phone picks up.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have not mentioned if it is CUCM or CUCME.

Assuming it is CUCM

Please check the Line setting

Alerting Name :- Name displayed to caller when you phone is ringing.

Display Name :- Name displayed on called Phone during ringing or when it is answered.

Please rate and mark correct if so.

Thanks

Haris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have not mentioned if it is CUCM or CUCME.

Assuming it is CUCM

Please check the Line setting

Alerting Name :- Name displayed to caller when you phone is ringing.

Display Name :- Name displayed on called Phone during ringing or when it is answered.

Please rate and mark correct if so.

Thanks

Haris

CUCM 10.5.1
I have verified the Alerting Name and Display Name are correct in the settings. In fact, I've matched up every setting (that I can see) with other working phones... but the problem still remains.

Can add more details like which phone model is having the issue.

Is the extension you are dialing shared between two or more phones ?

What do you see when phone is ringing.

Snapshots will help 

Thanks

Haris

In scenario 2, which number is shown, original called or cell number?

For scenario 1, I am assuming that when cell answers the phone, the softphone is displaying the name and number of orginal called. Please confirm.

Is the one having problem softphone or deskphone? If softphone, please indicate what softphone is used.

ChuckHaynes
Level 3
Level 3

The issue has been resolved. Even though it appeared as if the Display, ASCII Display, and Line Text Label were correct (on all phones, softphones, etc.)... the fix was to simply check all three box under Update Shared Device Settings and then apply. Everything is working correctly now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: