Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller id is unknown number

Faisal.Saoud
Level 3
Level 3

Dear, 

I have CME and brema cell and when the call from brema to cisco phone the display appears unknown number , why?

and I entered command caller-id enable.

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Faisal,

To find out if line is providing caller-id, enable the following debug and make an inbound call.

debug vpm signal

If there is caller-id being presented by line, it will show there.

You can also refer the following thread for more info

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11178056/urgent-cisco-cme-caller-id

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

this is debug voice ccapi inout and debug vpm signal ?

thanks

Hi Faisal,

Looks like your Telco is Not providing the Caller ID, however, to make sure it is the case, is there a way you can connect a normal analog telephone that can show Caller ID be connected?

That way we can isolate the issue real quick.

Secondly, is this issue only when, the Brema Cell user dials in?

HTH

Brema cell has sim card for vodafone and the screen on it appears caller id number ? but not appears on ip phone 7911 

Thanks

I dont think I was able to follow you, however please answer me on the following points:

So topology is something like this:

Brema Cellphone <====> VG with FXO Port <====> 7911 phone

And it happens when Brema cellphone calls to 7911 and the 7911 doesnt display the caller id

Finally, can you do the following please:

Brema Cellphone ======> Analog Phone (any landline phone with caller ID display capability), does this show the caller ID of the Brema Phone?

Regards

Brema cell =====> analog phone not display caller id 

Then it is very clear that, the Cellphone Carrier is not sending the caller ID, check with the phone settings (on the phone or on the carrier side) that if Caller ID is disabled on that cellphone or something else need to be done to activate Caller ID (some carriers charge extra for Caller ID).

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: