Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller Id Issue over CME

Good morning everyone 

i have an issue with a customer in Saudi Arabia cant get caller id to work the PSTN provider is STC

i have cisco 2901 with VIC2-2FXO 

i have tried CPtone SA , CPTone Br , CPtone US

i have also tried:

-no battery-reversal

-caller-id alerting dsp-pre-allocate

-caller-id alerting line-reversal

-caller-id alerting ring

i reached a point where i can see the  Caller ID String "04 09 30 34 31 38 32 30 31 35 50 0e"

but the calling num="" empty

i sow the caller id string when i used the US cptone so i guess SA are using bellcore

any ideas 

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hello

last update talco fixed it they admit they had something wrong it was default config that worked

cptone us ! with only caller id enabled

thanks for all the help

have a great day

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

During call setup, debug ccapi inout. upload the result here please.

Regards

thank you for the reply

please check the attached debug

Abd,

cisco-ani=

is empty, thats because your FXO card not passing ani or  the carrier (Telco) not providing caller ID.

Also, are you sure that caller-id enabled under voice-port ?

hello this is the config under fxo port please note that we have an old panasonic phone connected to the same fxo and it is showing caller id so there is caller id ! 

voice-port 0/0/0
trunk-group ALL_FXO
supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
supervisory custom-cptone voice
supervisory dualtone-detect-params 1
timeouts call-disconnect 5
timeouts ringing 5
timeouts wait-release 5
timing hookflash-out 50
connection plar 1000
caller-id enable

you have you caller-id enabled on your FXO, so all good there.

what sort of card is it?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

its 

VIC2-2FXO 

Hello Abd,

You cant connect panasonic phone device to fxo card, maybe you mean fxs card.

Now i want to be sure about one thing, if you connect an analog phone device directly to TELCO line (disconnect the line from fxo port and connect it to the phone device), will you receive CLID from TELCO ??

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your Telco is just providing the time and not the actual CLID or CNAME

Caller ID String 04 09 30 34 32 32 31 30 30 39  >> 04/22 10:09

Are your POTS lines subscribed for CLID by your Telco ? Do you see a CLID when you connect a caller ID enabled analog phone directly to the RJ-11 cable ?

yes if i connected an analog phone directly to the line i see caller id 

if the string is showing time then maybe bellcore is incorrect 

since every google i sow online says Saudi Arabia is using Dtmf

i am going to switch to CPTONE SA and send you a newer debug 

CCAPI alone won't help here.
When you connect an analog phone, after how many rings does the CLID pop up on the display ?

Also, from the original VPM logs that you added I saw the following -

Apr 22 07:09:30.567: [0/0/0] htsp_start_caller_id_rx:Mode BELLCORE. Alerting 0x1

This is incorrect since you are connected to a Telco in UAE. Saudi Arabia AFAIK supports Type 1 DTMF based CLID.

Set the correct cptone first thing under the port and do a "shut/no shut". Post that take the following -

debug voip vtsp all
debug vpm sig
debug voip hpi all

If this does not help, than we would need a PCM for a call to confirm this but first take the logs and attach here.

Good morning 

hope you had a great weekend

sorry for the confusion the remote engineer had things mixed up and after further negotiation

this is the update ! 

there is 2 sites 

SiteA telco is not sending caller id (cisco 2901) i have called telco and requested it to be enabled

SiteB Telco is sending caller id and yes after 1 ring as shown on the analog phone (cisco UC560)

i have attached the config of site b now and the debug requested including show run | s voice-port 0/2/0 and show inventory

site B: this version of uc560 has the cptone SA set to bellcore and as you told me SA are using DTMF 

i have tried cptone sa and using show voice port 0/2/0 i sow that the caller id mode is bellcore

i have changed it now to Cptone BR and checked now the caller id more is etsi dtmf

thank you for the support 

have a great day

any updates thank you

hello

last update talco fixed it they admit they had something wrong it was default config that worked

cptone us ! with only caller id enabled

thanks for all the help

have a great day

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: