Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

caller-id not showing

Hi, I have obserevd that on my ccme router when an external call comes in, it does not show the caller-id. It rather shows the destination-pattern number on the fxo port through which it came in. I have caller-id enabled on the port. Plerase how can this be resolved

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tony Huynh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Most likely what is happening is that an incoming call is showing the caller-id as actually the destination-pattern for the dial-peer that maps to your fxo port. In order to change this, you could make a dial-peer that points to that voice-port, with no destination-pattern, and make sure "incoming called-number ." is configured.

Also, if you have ?caller-id enable? configured already, make sure you do a shut/no shut and see if this fixes the problem. If it doesn?t then you have to see if caller-id is coming in on the line ? you can check this by enabling the following debug:

Debug vpm signal

If caller-id is being presented during an inbound call, it will show up in the debug

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

I suspect that the problem you are dealing with comes from your 'transfer-system full-consult' and tcl script you are using doesn't pass it on.

Tony Huynh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Most likely what is happening is that an incoming call is showing the caller-id as actually the destination-pattern for the dial-peer that maps to your fxo port. In order to change this, you could make a dial-peer that points to that voice-port, with no destination-pattern, and make sure "incoming called-number ." is configured.

Also, if you have ?caller-id enable? configured already, make sure you do a shut/no shut and see if this fixes the problem. If it doesn?t then you have to see if caller-id is coming in on the line ? you can check this by enabling the following debug:

Debug vpm signal

If caller-id is being presented during an inbound call, it will show up in the debug

Thanks, when I did the debug, I got this in one of the lines

an 5 10:08:22.171: [2/0/0] get_fxo_caller_id:Caller ID receive failed. parseC

allerIDString:no data.

So I guess the caller id is not been passed to the FXO port from the PSTN...

Thanks man