Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID not working when dialling outbound - help

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All 

We have a requirement to display our caller ID when dialling outbound, at the moment we have multiple ranges going over 3 ISDN 30 lines, BT have just enabled type 5 option for us which allows us to show the original DDI even though the range may not be part of that ISDN when dialling out.

I have checked on our gateways and done a debug, I can see the original number going out, but this does not show up on my mobile, it seems to still hide behind the main number of the line.

The settings we have are below,

Any ideas guys?

interface Serial0/0/0:15
description IMTT209593
no ip address
encapsulation hdlc
isdn switch-type primary-net5
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn outgoing display-ie
isdn outgoing ie redirecting-number
no cdp enable
!
interface Serial0/0/1:15
description IMTT209592
no ip address
encapsulation hdlc
isdn switch-type primary-net5
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn outgoing display-ie
isdn outgoing ie redirecting-number
no cdp enable

voice-port 0/0/0:15
translation-profile incoming PSTN-IN-1-0
translation-profile outgoing PSTN-OUT-1-0
echo-cancel coverage 48
no vad
cptone GB
bearer-cap Speech
!
voice-port 0/0/1:15
translation-profile incoming PSTN-IN-1-0
translation-profile outgoing PSTN-OUT-1-0
echo-cancel coverage 48
no vad
cptone GB
bearer-cap Speech

dial-peer voice 9 pots
tone ringback alert-no-PI
description *** ALL OUT PEER ***
destination-pattern 9T
progress_ind alert enable 8
port 0/0/0:15

dial-peer voice 29 pots
tone ringback alert-no-PI
description *** ALL OUT PEER ***
preference 2
destination-pattern 9T
progress_ind alert enable 8
clid restrict
port 0/0/1:15

Debug from Gateway attached

19 Replies 19

Hi Roger

I could do with your help again if possible?

I have had another call that has defaulted to the main number of the ISDN line today, I really need to sort this as they are calling back the most senior person in the company.

Basically I put the catch all rule in as you suggested  rule 10 /.*/ /18815012345/ type unknown national

We have had a call transferred from our switchboard to a mobile, and it has defaulted to the main number, the "calling number was 049363310847120  (some digits changed for security), would our gateway be able to handle this in the catch all? it appears it didnt work

cheers

@carl_townshend wrote:

Basically I put the catch all rule in as you suggested  rule 10 /.*/ /18815012345/ type unknown national

We have had a call transferred from our switchboard to a mobile, and it has defaulted to the main number, the "calling number was 049363310847120  (some digits changed for security), would our gateway be able to handle this in the catch all? it appears it didnt work

Looking at the length of the number, could that be an international caller?  If so, and the number type was "international" then it won't have matched your rule 10 which matches absolutely any length of contents of the number, but only if the type is "unknown".

That's why I recommended ..

rule 10 /.*/ /1988123456/ type any national

As Tony suggested change the match for type of number to any instead of unknown. See my breakdown of the rules for additional information on this. With the rule you have it has to match both the number part, and it will always do this, and it has to match the type part. If the type of number comes in as anything other than Unknown it will not match.

Response Signature

Hi Roger

I hope you are well,

For some reason, we still get the odd call going out to BT which they are defaulting the number to the main ISDN number instead of our translation below

rule 10 /.*/ /1899596779/ type any national

Is there any reason why the above is not working for some calls?  is there anything I can do ?

Cheers

For these rogue calls, do you have an example of the calling number that would have been passed to your gateway?  If so then you can have a quick check of your translation rule using this number to make sure it is being matched.  For example using the rules you showed earlier I can test for a calling number of 1234567890 and let's say type International while we're at it ...

sh run | s translation-rule
voice translation-rule 101
 rule 1 /^4\(...\)$/ /1871594\1/ type unknown national
 rule 2 /^3\(...\)$/ /1871593\1/ type unknown national
 rule 3 /^6\(...\)$/ /1871506\1/ type unknown national
 rule 10 /.*/ /1988123456/ type any national

R1-HUB1#test voice translation-rule 101 1234567890 type international
Matched with rule 10
Original number: 1234567890     Translated number: 1988123456
Original number type: international     Translated number type: national
Original number plan: none      Translated number plan: none

If you don't have any examples, it's going to be a matter of monitoring the debugs to see what you're putting out to the service.  It may well be a BT issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: