Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID on internal call transfer

flex_serg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Could you, please, help me with the following problem.

I've got:

- CUCM 7.1(5)

- H.323 Gateway to ISDN (E1)

- IP phones

When someone (with number XXX-XXXX) from ISDN calls and someone (with internal number YYY) answers that call on IP phone, number XXX-XXXX is displayed as Caller ID on IP phone, which is right. But then when this user transfers the call to some other internal number, this last user sees YYY as Caller ID on his IP Phone.

Is there any way to change this behaviour, so that the original Called ID (XXX-XXXX) was displayed on that last user IP Phone.

I've looked thru the forums, but everyone is talking about external call forwarding, and I am needing internal call transfer.

Thanks a lot...

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The right behavior is to display both number, so the recipient can see who is the original caller and who is transferring the call, to handle it appropriately.

The phones have the ability to display both numbers and a string indicating that is a transfer not a direct call.

However different version of CME or CM do or not do the correct behavior, and I honestly don't know why, as if Cisco doesn't care testing this situation rigorously.

Are there any settings which I can check though?

And what if those phone are not IP Phones, but DECT phones used with KIRK?

Sorry, I'm not too familiar with CUCM to recommend exactly where to search.

Non-cisco phones probably won't display the needed information. However you can look in a SIP trace. If there is a redirecting number, then it's phone responsability to display it together with the original calling number.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,Please check settings from attach.

For example,when i'm adding new phone,I check all 4 checkboxes.

As i know,it is impossible to see redirected number also with 9.0.X firmware and later.

Hope it helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: