Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID on T1 CAS Lines

mikechristensen
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

We have a call center that makes outgoing sales calls through a Teledirect predictive dialer. Our agents are able to make the calls just fine, but our customers see our calls displayed on their caller ID's as "Unavailable." We have three T1/CAS lines configured for the dialer on one of our 3825 gateways. The lines are configured E&M, with 24 ports each. The gateway itself is configured for MGCP, and is running IOS version 12.4(10). I have configured Call Manager to allow for Caller ID to be displayed on all outbound calls on our gateways, dialer lines included. I configured each of the dialer ports individually with our main call back number, so that should be displayed when the sales calls are made. I checked the gateways themselves to make sure that I wasn't unintentionally dis-allowing caller ID at that level. I also checked the route lists to make sure nothing was being dis-allowed there as well, but those were configured properly as well. We are running Call Manager 4.2(3)es61.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what's going on. I know that MGCP & T1/CAS can be kind of tricky, but I'm not sure what to check next. I'm certain that the gateway is configured properly, and dial peers are correct since outgoing calls are made and connected. If anyone has any insight about what I can check next, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

8 Replies 8

This is a limitation of the CAS circuit. We just had a lengthy conversation on this last week or the week before.

Basically - to send caller ID on outbound calls you need EANA.

To receive caller ID you need a FGD CAS circuit.

hth,

nick

Can I configure EANA on the Cisco 3825 to send the outbound ANI information?

Hi Mike,

Sure can. Looks something like this:

controller t1 0/0/0

ds0-group 1 time 1-24 type fgd-eana

This is something you coordinated with your provider.

hth,

nick

Thanks for your reply.

Here is how one of the interfaces is configured:

controller T1 0/1/1

framing sf

clock source internal

linecode ami

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-wink-start

description PD trunk1 thru CM to PSTN

PD = Predictive Dialer

I realize I didn't state this in my original post. The lines that are connected to the PD from CM, are not separate T1's (in that they do not have specific circuit ID's assigned by the telco).

Hi Mike,

This isn't something we configure on one end. If the PD is configured for wink-start, you will have to find out if it supports EANA also.

You can do a partial configuration:

controller t1 0/1/1

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-12 type e&m-wink-start

ds0-group 2 timeslots 13-24 type fgd-eana

-nick

Thanks Nick. I appreciate your time in helping me through this. I will post what I find out.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

talk to your telco. They can make appear any number you like. It's nothing about the CM.

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

You may need to talk to telco if everything at your end is correct.

However, you can check following fields..

#

Calling Party Selection-Determines which directory number is sent; usually Originator.

#

Presentation Bit-Determines whether the central office transmits or blocks caller ID; usually Allowed.

#

check plan type on the gateway configuration page to "National"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: