cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID on Transfer is Incorrect

refram
Level 3
Level 3

We have several clusters connected to an SME cluster which connects to a CUBE that goes to the PSTN.  Because we use 10-digit extensions, we prepend a *11 on the route pattern to make a distinction between incoming and outgoing calls within the CUBE.

If we call into one of the clusters from a cell phone, the caller-ID is correct on the called phone.  If we transfer the call to another phone on the cluster, the correct caller-ID of the original caller is also shown.  If we call out to a phone on the PSTN the called number is displayed correctly, but if we transfer that call to another phone on the cluster the called-number shows up with the *11 prepended on the final phone to receive the call.

I'm assuming the setting to fix this is going to be on the SIP trunk, but none of the actions I've taken have worked so far.

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I can think of two ways to fix this, both from CUBE:
1. Use a SIP profile to strip the *11 off of the PAI/RPID header(s) on responses sent back to CUCM/SME.
2. Stop relying on called party string manipulations to prevent looping on CUBE. Better approaches include COR/LPCOR (my preference), dial-peer groups, or SIP provisioning policy.

I suggest the second approach since the former adds yet more digit manipulation complexity to CUBE.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: