Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID problem on Device profiles

amine..dahel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have a user 'X' complaining that when he makes a call, his caller ID displayed on the called device isn't 'X', the caller ID displayed is 'Y' which is the name of the user that used to have this number.

So I checked the user's dn parameters, and I've found out that the alerting name and the display fields are correctly configured to 'X'.

Can you, guys, give me some tips how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Does the Caller ID show up incorrectly for internall calls or external? Or both?

They're incorrectly shown up on both calls: internal and external

Are the directory numbers assigned straight to the phones themselves or are you using extension mobility?

Can you screenshot where you are setting the Caller ID under this directory number and post this?

Thanks

Directory numbers are assigned to a device profile and they are accessed using extension mobility.

These are the fields that are configured:

- Alerting Name
- ASCII Alerting Name

- Display (Internal Caller ID)

- Display (Internal Caller ID)

If you change the Caller ID to something random, like 'John Smith' and test, what happens?

Is this happening on any other phone?

I would try a factory reset on the phone and get the user to login again.

Thanks

Actually after investigation, it is most likely a database replication problem within the CUCM cluster.

Thank you your help, Advocate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: