Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID representation

Dmitri Popkov
Level 1
Level 1

Good day!

Can anyone tell me please how can i implement caller id association with alpabetic name on my CUCM 9.1

Here is my scheme

CUCM9.1 ----- H.323 Gateway (Cisco 2801) -------PSTN

If I've received inbound call through PSTN with caller ID 873721322, how can i implement association, which will display on my SCCP Phone:

"From - Main Test Center", instead of "
From 873721322"

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot, the caller name cannot be mapped internally on CUCM, it needs to be provider by the telco company as part of the call.  Depending on the circuit type this may or may not be available.

Alternatively you could write a TCL script or look to see if Paolo or someone has written one already where you could do this lookup on the GW when the call arrives.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Thank you Chris for recommending my work.

This is the "number to name" script. It can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot, the caller name cannot be mapped internally on CUCM, it needs to be provider by the telco company as part of the call.  Depending on the circuit type this may or may not be available.

Alternatively you could write a TCL script or look to see if Paolo or someone has written one already where you could do this lookup on the GW when the call arrives.

HTH,

Chris

Ok!

Can you tell me please, what kind of tcl it should be?

Thanks...

Thank you Chris for recommending my work.

This is the "number to name" script. It can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

Ok, thanks a lot!;)

Hi,

the second option can be using the Cisco TAPI for it. But it depends if you need to have such information in signalization or if it is just for your info.

In your scenario, I would prefer the TCL solution.

As a complex solution at this point, I recommend to take a look here: http://www.2ring.com/NewJuice to find more info out.

HTH

Regards,

Martin

chrisgapske2
Level 1
Level 1

You should be able to this should be a feature not a limitation. Cisco CUCM has the most limitations I have seen of ANY PBX or call manager.