Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID with Single Number Reach

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

WIth SNR on CM 10.5 is there a way to send the original calling party's number as the caller ID to the cell phones and other phones that get the forwarded call?

All replies rated.  Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Angel,

check the following setting in the call manager service parameter:

"Honor Gateway or Trunk Outbound Calling Party Selection for Mobile Connect Calls" 

NOw, in addition to this you migh have an issue getting this to work, because your Telco might restrict, and probably will, what call ID you send out.  for instance, if you have a phone in New York, with a NY number that has call forward no answer to a mobile, and someone in LA calls the NY phone, when the caller gets forwarded to mobile, the NY gateway will most likely not be allowed to present an LA caller ID.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It is possible, however most telcos restrict outbound caller ID to numbers that you own. I had this working for SNR with one provider. Changed providers and lost the feature. New telco would not allow caller ID other than a number on my PRI. I would check with your provider, however the answer is likely no.

Brandon

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Angel,

check the following setting in the call manager service parameter:

"Honor Gateway or Trunk Outbound Calling Party Selection for Mobile Connect Calls" 

NOw, in addition to this you migh have an issue getting this to work, because your Telco might restrict, and probably will, what call ID you send out.  for instance, if you have a phone in New York, with a NY number that has call forward no answer to a mobile, and someone in LA calls the NY phone, when the caller gets forwarded to mobile, the NY gateway will most likely not be allowed to present an LA caller ID.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: