Helpful
Replies

Caller id works when Calling Party Number i = 0x0080 but not 0x2183

NSutfin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Hello,

We have a bunch of new 8841s that do not show the correct caller ID. All of our trunks are running ISDN/Q.931

We have one trunk that tags the caller id's as, Calling Party Number i = 0x2183

We have another trunk from a separate provider that tags as, Calling Party Number i = 0x0080

Either way works for the legacy 79xx phones(SCCP) but the 8841's(SIP) will only show the correct caller id when 0x0080 is tagged.  Is this a known issue with the 8841s, is there a way to get the 8841s to accept this code as caller id?

Any insight is appreciated.

-Nathan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Roger,

Sorry for the late reply. This ended up not being the problem. Initially I thought I was onto something with the different q931 codes but it ends up that the 8841's are not displaying caller IDs correctly for any lines trunked lines when the phone is "line mode : enhanced line mode". "call for xxx xxx xxxx"  appears instead of the caller id. When the phone is in "line mode : session line mode" the caller id displays correctly.

-Nathan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

caller-ID for a PSTN calls ? 

The call flow is not clear. 

Response Signature

Yes, coming in from the PSTN

Attached is the call flow.

Can you please provide a Q931 debug of both calls?

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

Sorry for the late reply. This ended up not being the problem. Initially I thought I was onto something with the different q931 codes but it ends up that the 8841's are not displaying caller IDs correctly for any lines trunked lines when the phone is "line mode : enhanced line mode". "call for xxx xxx xxxx"  appears instead of the caller id. When the phone is in "line mode : session line mode" the caller id displays correctly.

-Nathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: