cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallForward No Answer to external pager

Brian Koenig
Level 1
Level 1

Have a rls 8.5 cluster, with some phones configured to call forward no answer on busy/off etc externally to a pager. The actual call forward works as designed, but callers do not hear all of the pager beeps. Seems that there may be a timer of some sort that needs to be adjusted to finish the handoff?

This is not routing to an overhead page system, but to actual digital and alpha pagers.

Thanks                  

5 Replies 5

Gregory Garrian
Level 1
Level 1

Just to clarify, if a phone is set to CFNA to an external non-pager number (cell phone, land line) it works fine?  It's just having problems when calling out to pagers?

Correct, I can send the CFNA anywhere I'd like, pager, cell, landline, nortel phone etc. And can send to pager as well, the caller just doesn't hear all of the pager tones, so its almost like the the caller is stuck in limbo if you will.

Have you made a test call to a pager from an internal phone without setting it to CFNA?

If that works, what are the prompts you get? Do you get a recording asking to enter a phone number to relay to the pager? 

Yes I have and I get the expected 3 beeps. I get this as well if I hard forward the phone to pager. Somewhere I'm guessing there's perhaps a hold or conference timer that ties to the call forward no answer settings. If I call a phone and don't answer, after x amount of rings, the phone itself stops ringing and I can see on my display phone the caller ID of the fwd destination (pager number) after 1st ring to pager I hear only a chirp and not the 3 beeps. I'm at a loss on this one. Thanks all for the replies thus far

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Though I'm sure there's a timer setting within call manager, just as there is with a legacy pbx, what I think I'm looking for is an answer supervision timer, which is similiar and may be in line with a disconnect supervision timer.

Seems on the forward no answer, CUCM holds on to the call before handing it off to the pager tone.

I've been looking in the Service Parameters, but a good chunk of the timer descriptions are clear as mud.

If anyone has had to tweak their answer/disconnect supervision and can point me in the general direction, I'd appreciate.

Thanks