Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Calling out from cisco ip phone to a wireless caller; goes busy instead of voicemail box

So this is an odd one...

An employee is trying to call out to another employee's cell phone from a Cisco IP Phone, most of the time they don't answer and would have to leave a voicemail but this one particular employee's IP phone is having an issue where he would get a busy signal instead of being forwarded to a voicemail box.

I tested a call to my cell phone using his IP phone and it goes to voicemail, but when he tries to call his own cell phone it will go busy, no voicemail.

I have AT&T, he has Xfinity Mobile. Call forwarding is NOT enabled on his phone and his voicemail box is setup correctly.

I have not done much testing as they have left for the day and we are heading into a weekend so i will have to wait for Monday to do any further testing.

Has anyone else experienced this issue??

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Cisco Employee

Review the debugs for clues, but I doubt this has anything to do with the IP Phone, or your system. Once the call is out of your system, it's on someone else's hands what happens with the call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Content for Community-Ad